Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A minute of prep in the home kitchen will make for a really quick dish at the campsite. Equally easy for a home meal on the grill or in the oven. This is summertime food and the living is easy!
- 2 lbs small potatoes, like red bliss or fingerlings,scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- Before leaving the house, put oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic in a large ziploc bag.
- At the campsite, heat a grill to medium hot.
- If potatoes are not all the same size, cut them into pieces to achieve uniform size-- this ensures that the potatoes will cook evenly.
- Toss potatoes into the ziploc bag with the seasonings, zip and shake to coat!
- Tip the mixture onto a large piece of aluminum foil (12-by 24-inch); bring the sides up and fold to make a sealed package.
- Place package on grill and leave for about 45 minutes until potatoes are fork tender, then serve.
We had an ice storm this weekend & had no electricity for 10 hours. But...we have a wood stove & living in the country, having no electricity is NO BIG DEAL! I made your campfire potatoes in our wood stove and it was perfect! It was like camping in the house. I added some chopped onion and green pepper as well. Thanks for an awesome recipe