Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a really neat recipe! If you love yams and butterscotch, this recipe is for you! Very nice and quite simple to prepare! 8)
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I served these tonight with an Apple Glazed Pork Roast. These were very easy to make and the taste was scrumptious! The whole family enjoyed these - even the kids - and that makes it a keeper in my book.
- 6 medium yams, cooked not to mushy stage, peeled and sliced (or quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup light Karo syrup or 1⁄2 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Arrange cooked and chopped yams in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stirring constantly, boil 5 minutes.
- Pour over the cooked yams.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally, until glazed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!