Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This asian chicken smothered in creaminess has become an absolute favourite at home & its easy to make!
- 2 kg chicken pieces
- 125 ml yoghurt (plain)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 60 ml butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 320 ml fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 320 ml tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- Mix yoghurt, oils ginger/garlic, ½ of lemon juice and spices.
- Smear over chicken and leave to marinate for 3 hours or overnight in fridge if preferred.
- Grill until brown.
- SAUCE :.
- Add the rest of the lemon juice to the tomato puree.
- Then add the butter and any left over marinade of the chicken.
- Blend over heat.
- Just before serving add the fresh cream to the sauce & simmer until sauce thickens.
- Place chicken on a platter and spread with sauce.
- Serve hot, either over rice or Naan (Indian flat bread).