Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Last year my kids (ages 8, 6 and 3 at the time) decided they wanted to make a recipe "on their own," so we tried the Strawberry Shortcake recipe on the back of the Bisquick box - worked like a charm! I gave each of them regular table knives (not too sharp) so they could slice the berries, and they measured and mixed the simple ingredients for the shortcake themselves. They felt like total rock stars after we assembled their beautiful (and delicious!) desserts!
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar (we used a little less)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice strawberries and mix with 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Mix the Bisquick, 2 tablespoons sugar, and milk.
- Drop onto a cookies sheet in four equal-sized cakes.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-12 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Split each cake in half, and spoon strawberry slices into the middle. Top with a few more strawberries and a drizzle of the strawberry juice, followed by whipped cream.