Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
Tender,flavourful meat and crip snow peas, celery and red pepper in a tastey sweet-sour marinade. This is one of my family's favourite dishes that we enjoy with rice or chinese noodles.
- 1 lb lean boneless sirloin, trimmed,and cut into 1/4 inch thick strips (partially frozen steak is easier to cut)
- 2 teaspoons peeled minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh snow pea pods, ends trimmed and strings removed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced into strips
- Combine ginger, orange rind, orange juice, vinegar and soy sauce in a zip-lock bag.
- Add meat strips and mix thoroughly with marinade.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove meat from bag and strain, reserving marinade.
- Add cornstarch to marinade and mix thoroughly;set aside.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Add meat strips and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Drizzle oil over skillet.
- Add snow peas, celery and red pepper, and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add steak strips and reserved marinade and stir fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.