Recipe by Recipe Junkie
I put this together one cold night when we were craving stew and there wasn't a lot of produce in the house. It's also nice if you're busy and don't have time to chop fresh veggies.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagemccormick beef stew seasoning
- 2 lbs stew beef chunks (I buy a chuck roast and cube my own)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Veg-All or 1 (15 ounce) canother mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow directions on spice packet, using the liquid from the can of tomatoes with water to equal 3 cups liquid that the seasoning packet calls for.
- Cook in large pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat 1 hour minimum. (If you didn't tenderize the meat, you may want to cook it a half hour or so longer.).
- Turn up heat and thicken with 1-3 T flour if necessary.
- Stir in drained can of Veg-All and drained can of mushrooms immediately before serving.