1 hr 10 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
I put this together one cold night when we were craving stew and there wasn't a lot of produce in the house. It's also nice if you're busy and don't have time to chop fresh veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package mccormick beef stew seasoning
- 2 lbs stew beef chunks (I buy a chuck roast and cube my own)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Veg-All or 1 (15 ounce) can other mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1Follow directions on spice packet, using the liquid from the can of tomatoes with water to equal 3 cups liquid that the seasoning packet calls for.
- 2Cook in large pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat 1 hour minimum. (If you didn't tenderize the meat, you may want to cook it a half hour or so longer.).
- 3Turn up heat and thicken with 1-3 T flour if necessary.
- 4Stir in drained can of Veg-All and drained can of mushrooms immediately before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 325.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef stew seasoning
stew beef chunks