Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This must be easy, since I make it almost every week. I replace regular pasta, with whole grain, such as Tinkiyada Brown Rice pasta, or Barilla plus. I used to add spinach for added nutrition, but hubby complained about having too much fiber in one dish, so I leave it out. This dish freezes very nicely, and is great for a repeat performance the following week.
- 16 ounces whole grain pasta
- olive oil
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cansprepared tomato sauce (or less depending on your taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- frozen chopped spinach, defrosted (optional)
- Boil water according package directions. Add pasta and olive oil to boiling water. Cook pasta till al-dente, drain.
- Combine Ricotta with with spinach and sprinkle with parmesan and garlic powder.
- Pour pasta into lasagna size baking pan. Combine most of mozzarella with Pasta, reserving a small amount of Mozzarella for top. Mix in Ricotta mixture. Spread tomato sauce over the top and mix in slightly, leaving some around the edges and top. Sprinkle remaining Mozzarella on top.
- Bake at about 375 for 30 minutes till bubbly.