Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
the perfect comfort food for a lazy Sunday.
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta, cooked to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Start to cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter to cover the bottom.
- Add the flour, dry mustard and salt. Then add 2 cups milk.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese and the pepper, and stir until smoothly melted.
- Add cooked pasta to the cheese sauce mixture.
- Put half of the mac and cheese in a 9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese on top.
- Add the remaining mac and cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the remaining cheddar on top.
- Drizzle 1/4 milk on top of this, and do not mix.
- Let it bake for 22 mins and then broil it for 2 minutes until top is golden and bubbly.
Made this for Spring PAC. I agree with the author this is perfect comfort food for a Sunday afternoon. I followed the recipes exactly and it came out very decadent and as good if not better than I have tasted restaurants! Thanks for posting this awesome recipe!
Made this pretty much as given in the recipe, & the cheddar cheese I used was sharp! This was originally meant entirely for a neighbor couple, but at the last minute we got some company, & I managed to keep 3 servings for here at home! Very nice comfort food, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]