Recipe by grt61787
Easy and Delicious, you'll never want to go for the Kraft box of blues again!!
Top Review by suzette21
I made this along with grilled out chicken and it was delicious!! Everyone raved about it. So creamy, even warmed up the next day. This will be my Mac & Cheese recipe from now on.
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- additional 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the mustard and flour, keep it moving until free of lumps.
- Stir in the milk, and paprika. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Temper in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and toss the bread crumbs to coat. Top the macaroni with the bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes.