Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple to make and perfect to serve for a get-together or enjoy for a weekend evening snack --- purchase the smaller sliced party pumpernickel loaves for this, you may prepare the puffs and place in the fridge on the baking sheet until ready to broil, this should yield about 30 puffs.
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread, sliced
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- In a medium bowl combine the crumbled cooked bacon, cheese, mustard and mayo; stir well to combine.
- Arrange the pumpernickel slices on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Broil for about 5-6 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Outstanding! Made for the EASY DOES IT! event in Cooking Photos. Another flavorful winner, Kitten!