Recipe by Callu
This is my favorite condiment! It is basically a chunkier version of guacamole. It is yummy on just about everything. It can be a dip, but it shines as a topping for fish, chicken or eggs. I even put it on our homemade pizza (after it comes out of the oven) to make it more off the beaten path.
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 green onion (scallion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (you can use lemon in a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, sauce can be adjusted to taste (I only use Frank's or Trappy's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop avocado out of skin and dice into 1/4 inch chunks.
- Dice a ripe Roma tomato into 1/4 inch chunks and place into bowl with avocado.
- Blend remaining ingredients into avocado-tomato mixture.
- Serve with chips or use as a garnish on anything from grilled fish to chicken breasts to omelets.
- NOTE: In a pinch I have used 2 tablespoons of my favorite salsa in the place of the tomato when I could not find any truly ripe tomatoes at the store.
- Avocado Trick: If your avocados are not ripe enough, place them in a paper bag to accelerate the ripening process. Trick also works for bananas.