This is my favorite condiment! It is basically a chunkier version of guacamole. It is yummy on just about everything. It can be a dip, but it shines as a topping for fish, chicken or eggs. I even put it on our homemade pizza (after it comes out of the oven) to make it more off the beaten path.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 green onion (scallion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (you can use lemon in a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, sauce can be adjusted to taste (I only use Frank's or Trappy's)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1Scoop avocado out of skin and dice into 1/4 inch chunks.
- 2Dice a ripe Roma tomato into 1/4 inch chunks and place into bowl with avocado.
- 3Blend remaining ingredients into avocado-tomato mixture.
- 4Serve with chips or use as a garnish on anything from grilled fish to chicken breasts to omelets.
- 5NOTE: In a pinch I have used 2 tablespoons of my favorite salsa in the place of the tomato when I could not find any truly ripe tomatoes at the store.
- 6Avocado Trick: If your avocados are not ripe enough, place them in a paper bag to accelerate the ripening process. Trick also works for bananas.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g