Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Time saving and delicious tamale pie the whole family will love! This is a recipe that you can add any of your own favorites too.
- 1 lb hamburger
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic salt (optional)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- Frenchs Chili-O seasoning
- Fritos corn chips
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- Brown hamburger in skillet and season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Drain off grease and add chili-o seasoning mix, tomato sauce and water.
- Stir until blended in and add drained corn and olives. Simmer for 10 minutes and turn off heat.
- While mixture is simmering, grate cheese and crush bag of fritoes.
- In 13x9" baking dish, dump bag of crushed fritoes, add mixture and.
- toss lightly until thoroughly mixed. Cover top with grated cheese and.
- bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is.
- melted and bubbly.
this was the best dish i have ever had!!!!! please try this out. my whole family loved it so much!!!! i make every week and the leftovers are great too!! they should put this in restaurants!!!