Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of mine that I came up with when only had a rice cooker to cook with and was actually quite nice. And just bang it all in and wait.
- 1 kg meat, with bones i like lamb shanks (any)
- 2 teaspoons baharat, spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 carrots, sliced julienne
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight (note I usually do a lot and then freeze them)
- 1 whole garlic, peeled and whole
- 1 -2 hot green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all into casserole and cover with water and boil then simmer for about 1/2 to 2 hours until sauce is lovely and thick.
- great with crusty french bread.