This is great for special occasion brunches. Keep it in mind for Easter Brunch! I have always made it with apple filling. If anyone makes it with a different filling, I would like to hear about it. Preparation time does not include thawing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw pastry sheets for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 3Beat together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and egg yolk until well mixed.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Working with one sheet at a time, unfold thawed pastry on a lightly floured surface, creating 3 sections.
- 6Do not separate sections.
- 7Roll lightly to flatten.
- 8Using the tip of a sharp knife, make 10 parallel cuts in each of the two outer sections, cutting just to the fold line in the pastry.
- 9Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture down the center section of the pastry.
- 10Arrange a layer of apple slices over the cream cheese.
- 11Sprinkle 1/2 of the nuts over the apple slices, and dust lightly with cinnamon.
- 12Starting at one end, fold pastry strips over the filling at an angle, alternating sides to create a"braided" appearance.
- 13Brush top with reserved egg white, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 14Repeat above steps with remaining ingredients.
- 15Using 2 long spatulas, transfer pastries to a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- 16Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 17Slice to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Apple Strudel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 106.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g