Kids will love these! These taste just like corn dogs, but healthier since they are baked, not fried. Put them on a plate with some ketchup. Great on a picnic too!
- Prepare the corn muffin batter as directed on the box.
- Chop the hot dogs into bite-size pieces.
- Mix in the hot dog pieces into the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Eat plain or with ketchup.
- Note: You can add more of less hot dog, depending on your own tastes :).
I wanted a hot dog but was out of tortillas and this sounded like a good, quick and easy recipe. I used a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix that I had in the cupboard and added approx 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of garlic powder to the mix. I then divided it into the muffin tin before cutting the hot dogs directly into the muffin pan. I also forgot to cook hot dogs first but they came out just fine. PS Don't do like I did and forget to grease the muffin pan.......lol oops
Great idea, in theory, but turned out extremely bland and dry. Recipe needs lots of modification to make it tasty.
Nice muffins. Thanks for posting