Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
WOW, when I can get crab on sale and in season, I love to make this delish appetizer for our friends and family. It is tasty and elegant. Serve on a pretty platter for great presentation. Can be made ahead and chilled.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 ounces roasted garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 4 -5 bunches Belgian endive
- salt and pepper
- Separate endive leaves, rinse and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine and toss crab meat, red onion, red bell pepper, roasted garlic and parsley. Mix well.
- Add Worcestershire, hot sauce and half of the mayonnaise, mix well.
- When desired consistency is reached, finish with salt and pepper. If too dry, add the rest of the mayonnaise and re-season.
- Scoop about one tablespoon of crab salad into separated endive leaves and serve.