Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love a wide variety of cuisines, and I have a fondness for African foods. I am a single mother with a multiple handicapped brain damaged child. I also go to college full time and work in Oncology, so I am always needing something good but fast! I have a friend in Africa who sends me recipes and I kind of tweak them for ease, shall we say. I make this with my African style rice (look for it in my recipes!) Enjoy!
- Diced chicken breasts in to bite sized pieces.
- Saute in 1 tbs peanut oil until just before cooked and remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan saute diced tomatoes and onion in butter and peanut oil until soft.
- Add peanut butter and stir well.
- Then add the water and mix well.
- Now add chicken to mixture and bring to boil.
- At boiling point, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 6 minutes
- Serve warm over African Style Rice!
This was good. We are used to much spicier African dishes... I added sambal to taste and served it with fried spinach... without my additions 3 stars good but with this additions it was really good. I also made the African style rice as suggested
We used real garlic, canned tomatos, red onions, and chunky peanut butter. We also added some cayenne and coriander. Turned out great.
Easy and excellent. I used real garlic and canned tomatoes. Turned out delicious.