Recipe by Phoenix Food Queen
I love a wide variety of cuisines, and I have a fondness for African foods. I am a single mother with a multiple handicapped brain damaged child. I also go to college full time and work in Oncology, so I am always needing something good but fast! I have a friend in Africa who sends me recipes and I kind of tweak them for ease, shall we say. I make this with my African style rice (look for it in my recipes!) Enjoy!
Top Review by cUte Kitty pUnk
This was good. We are used to much spicier African dishes... I added sambal to taste and served it with fried spinach... without my additions 3 stars good but with this additions it was really good. I also made the African style rice as suggested
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Diced chicken breasts in to bite sized pieces.
- Saute in 1 tbs peanut oil until just before cooked and remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan saute diced tomatoes and onion in butter and peanut oil until soft.
- Add peanut butter and stir well.
- Then add the water and mix well.
- Now add chicken to mixture and bring to boil.
- At boiling point, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 6 minutes
- Serve warm over African Style Rice!