Recipe by PDXpilot
I've tried more complicated enchilada recipes, but this is the standing favorite. The spiciness level is really easy to manage by what salsa and chilies are used. I use hot chilies, 1/2 cup of medium salsa, and 1/2 cup of hot salsa. You can also change the cheese if you wish, I will sometimes use colby or mozzarella depending on what I have most of. I use shredded chicken breasts, but any chicken should work fine. Fresh cilantro tastes good in the salsa mix, but that would make it 7 ingredients, so I left that out! Enjoy!
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 -10 flour tortillas (quantity depends on what size you use)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the salsa and green chilies together in a medium bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken to the salsa mixture.
- Roll the chicken/salsa mix in the tortillas and place seam-side down in a 13 x 9” glass baking dish.
- Pour the whipping cream over the top. It will not cover the enchiladas, but make sure to get a coating of whipping cream all over.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until the whipping cream is bubbly.
- Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted and at desired crispiness.