Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've tried more complicated enchilada recipes, but this is the standing favorite. The spiciness level is really easy to manage by what salsa and chilies are used. I use hot chilies, 1/2 cup of medium salsa, and 1/2 cup of hot salsa. You can also change the cheese if you wish, I will sometimes use colby or mozzarella depending on what I have most of. I use shredded chicken breasts, but any chicken should work fine. Fresh cilantro tastes good in the salsa mix, but that would make it 7 ingredients, so I left that out! Enjoy!
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 -10 flour tortillas (quantity depends on what size you use)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the salsa and green chilies together in a medium bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken to the salsa mixture.
- Roll the chicken/salsa mix in the tortillas and place seam-side down in a 13 x 9” glass baking dish.
- Pour the whipping cream over the top. It will not cover the enchiladas, but make sure to get a coating of whipping cream all over.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until the whipping cream is bubbly.
- Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted and at desired crispiness.