I've tried more complicated enchilada recipes, but this is the standing favorite. The spiciness level is really easy to manage by what salsa and chilies are used. I use hot chilies, 1/2 cup of medium salsa, and 1/2 cup of hot salsa. You can also change the cheese if you wish, I will sometimes use colby or mozzarella depending on what I have most of. I use shredded chicken breasts, but any chicken should work fine. Fresh cilantro tastes good in the salsa mix, but that would make it 7 ingredients, so I left that out! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix the salsa and green chilies together in a medium bowl.
- 3Add the shredded chicken to the salsa mixture.
- 4Roll the chicken/salsa mix in the tortillas and place seam-side down in a 13 x 9” glass baking dish.
- 5Pour the whipping cream over the top. It will not cover the enchiladas, but make sure to get a coating of whipping cream all over.
- 6Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until the whipping cream is bubbly.
- 7Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted and at desired crispiness.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy 6 Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.9
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.9 mg
- Sodium 657.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g