Recipe by Jessica S.
A really easy queso. Just mix and melt everything together. You don't even drain the canned veggies. I like it particularly because it doesn't turn into wallpaper paste after it cools a bit.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 10 ounces rotel (any variety)
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup (you won't taste it)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the last four ingredients together in a large, non-stick pot. I use my dutch oven.
- DO NOT DRAIN any of the veggies. Dump the liquid in along with everything else.
- Cube the velveeta and add to the canned ingredients.
- Cook over low heat until the velveeta melts.
- Stir often.
- This makes a lot! But, it warms up great in the microwave.
- Serve with chips or use to top enchiladas or even use in quesadillas.
- Variation: Try adding some spicy ground meat or canned chili (with or without beans). Add other veggies like black olives or onion, too.