Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a yeast-risen cake that is based on our family's Easter Bread. I have never made it, but found it on the back of a very old index card of my grandmother's. It looks to be an easier version of the bread (#165701). The instructions are vague, but I'm going to do the best I can. Times are estimates and I have no idea how much this makes.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 fresh yeast cake
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- Beat eggs, sugar, milk and oil mixture.
- Dissolve the yeast cake in the warm water.
- Add to egg mixture and gradually add flour.
- Let rise for 6 hours. (I assume covered and in a warm place.).
- Bake at 275 degree oven for 1 hour.