Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I just tried this tea and it was lovely with Earl Grey. Not liking the idea of ground cardamom in tea I switched the recipe to using the full pods and steeped them with my tea leaves. Originally posted for ZWT7, Africa. Modified from, www.congocookbook.com.
- cold water (three to six cups)
- 3 -4 teaspoons tea (Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, etc.)
- 6 green cardamom pods, bruised
- honey or sugar, to taste
- milk (I use homemade almond milk to be dairy free)
- In a saucepan or tea kettle heat the water to a near boil. Transfer the water to a teapot and add the tea leaves, and bruised cardamom pods, steep tea as normal.
- Pour the tea into cups with sugar or honey, and milk to taste.
- Stir, serve and enjoy!
I crushed my cardamom pods with my mortar and then ground the seeds into a powder, I also floated a couple of whole pods in my tea pot. It had a very nice and exotic taste and a wonderful aroma. Made for the wonderful Witchin Kitchen team for ZWT #7.
I used orange pekoe black tea bags and added almond milk to my tea cup. I also made a large batch in my sun tea jar. Flavor was fantastic and very exotic. Thanks for posting! Made for Veg 'n Swap tag!
I used Earl Grey, something that I always keep on hand, and sweetened lightly with Splenda. Loved the cardamom added, it really added that something extra. I enjoyed this very much.