Recipe by ChefDLH
I am always looking for no cook easy but flavorful appetizers for buffets, meetings and parties. This one is a fast but flavorful one. Using fresh basil is required as it high quality , tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper
Top Review by Starrynews
Yum! These were like little bite-sized Caprese salads. Fantastic! After removing the inside of the tomatoes, I let them drain upside down on a cloth while I prepared the filling. I cubed fresh mozzarella to combine with the basil strips and used just pepper inside the tomatoes. I used tiny basil leaves for the basil garnish. Thanks for sharing! L-O-V-E Event 2012
- 20 small cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (drizzled)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, sliced 1/4-inch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and discard a small slice from bottom of each cherry tomato to make the tomato sit level.
- scoop out pulp with a melon baller making a tiny cup or well in the tomato sprinkle cup with salt and pepper to taste.
- stuff cups with Mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, drizzle with oil and top with one piece of sliced basil for presentation.
- Serve on a platter.