Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was given to me by the owner of a bed and breakfast in Arkansas. It is SO easy to make. Just make sure you are a really quick "stirrer", as my daughter says.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans or walnuts)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use milk chocolate for a milder flavor)
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Line 8 inch square pan with waxed paper. Butter the waxed paper and put chopped nuts on top of butter.
- In microwaveable bowl, combine both packages of chips. Microwave until melted.
- QUICKLY stir in sweetened condensed milk and pour into pan.
- This doesn't take but a second to start getting hard, so stir and pour quickly.
- It is usually completely set within an hour. Make sure it is cool before cutting.
- I have to cut this in small squares because it is very rich.
Very easy to make and clean up the mess. I made a change instead of using butterscotch I used cherry chips, which is YUMMY!!
Sherrybeth - this really is the easiest fudge recipe EVER! Almost to good to be true! I used this recipe to make fudge for my holiday gift baskets and I will never use another recipe. It was wonderful! Your directions are right on the mark - the only change I made was to double the recipe. Doubled, it fit perfectly in a 9 x13 pan. I also taped the wax paper to the edge of the pan (since the fudge is SO thick, it made spreading a lot easier). Thanks for the great recipe! UPDATE: This recipe made it into my Book #235514 cookbook! Thanks, again, Sherrybeth!
Yum, Yum, Yum! This is sooo good and sooo easy. Much better than the more complicated recipe I tried before it. The texture is smooth and fudgey. No worring about it coming out "gritty" like the others I have tried! And so quick. The butterscotch gives a nice undernote of flavor that is not overpowering. Thanks for the great recipe!