Recipe by lauralie41
I recently adopted this recipe, this is the original description: "This recipe came with my crockpot when I bought it. It's the easiest thing in the world to make. I take the skin off most of the pieces of the chicken except the wings because that's just too much work for me. You can use regular dried egg noodles but I prefer the frozen ones".
Top Review by mrsmagoo
I was very disappointed with this recipe. The noodles didn't cook in the time listed in the recipe and when I cooked them longer, they just ended up sticky. I'll stick with the old fashioned way of making my noodles.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into pieces and skin removed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces egg noodles, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in crock pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add water.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place on platter.
- Turn crockpot to high (if not there already) and add noodles.
- Debone and dice chicken into small pieces. Stir chicken into noodles and broth. Cook 30 to 45 minutes more on high, stirring occasionally.