Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is the easiest carrot cake because you don't have to grate the carrots - you use jars of baby food carrots. No more scraped knuckles. Also makes it very moist. This is DH's favorite carrot cake - mine too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 jars carrot baby food (Jr. Size)
- 1 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon by hand until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup ground nuts.