Mini Ravindran's Note:
I like this recipe because it is so easy to cook and tastes so well. It is something that comes out of my endless experimentation with what I call as fusion cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken drumsticks (remove the fat completely) or 6 chicken breasts (remove the fat completely)
- 6 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 big onion (coarse paste)
- 5 garlic cloves (coarse paste)
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1/4 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (prefer freshly ground)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Take a big bowl and put the yogurt.
- 2Add coarse pastes of onion and garlic.
- 3Add the deskinned chicken.
- 4(Drumsticks or breast pieces) Put the cling foil and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- 5Heat oil in the skillet and allow the same to become medium hot. Dont allow it to start smoking.
- 6Add cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- 7Wait for 3-4 seconds as you see these ingredients crackling and giving out the aroma.
- 8Empty the bowl with all its ingredients in the oil.
- 9Saute on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- 10Add 1/2 cup of water and salt. Close the lid, lower the fire and allow to cook for 15 minutes till chicken is tender.
- 11Open the lid and finally add the freshly ground black pepper powder and cover for 2 minutes on medium fire.
- 12When done garnish with tomatoes, fresh coriander or parsley.
- 13Serve warm with pita bread, tortillas,Indian bread or rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easiest Black Pepper Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: