Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
A simple 3-step preparation. Courtesy Gourmet Magazine/Sara Moulton A good way to use mushroom stems after you make stuffed mushrooms or something with just the caps.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallot
- 1 lb finely chopped whole cultivated mushroom
- black pepper, freshly ground
- In a skillet melt the butter over moderate heat.
- Add and cook the shallot for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until the liquid rendered from the mushrooms evaporates, about 10 minutes.