Recipe by panner50
I make this every year at deer camp
Top Review by Simply Sarah
This was so tasty! The only change I made was to use a whole chicken instead of pieces. I seasoned the bird inside and out with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. I browned it a bit on the stove top (without using flour), then continued to cook as written. The whole chicken took about an hour and a half in the oven. It smelled so good and was fantastic as leftovers the next day. I usually have problems with the chicken drying out, but this was very moist. Definitely a keeper!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 -4 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- flour (for dredging)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat dutch oven over hot coals.
- dredge chicken in seasoned flour and brown in dutch oven
- after chicken is brown add veggies,garlic.
- and 1/2 the beer.
- cover and place over coals for 30 minutes. I also put coals on top.
- after 30 minutes add the soup and cook another 30 minutes or until everything is done.