Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is even better cooked over hot coals
Make and share this Dutch Oven Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- dredge chicken in seasoned flour and brown in dutch oven or heavy pot.
- after chicken is brown add veggies,garlic.
- and 1/2 the beer.
- cover and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- after 30 minutes add the soup and the rest of the beer, cook another 30 minutes or until everything is done.
This was so tasty! The only change I made was to use a whole chicken instead of pieces. I seasoned the bird inside and out with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. I browned it a bit on the stove top (without using flour), then continued to cook as written. The whole chicken took about an hour and a half in the oven. It smelled so good and was fantastic as leftovers the next day. I usually have problems with the chicken drying out, but this was very moist. Definitely a keeper!