Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious holiday 3-layer cake!
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- nutmeg, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- Spray or line bottoms of pans.
- Place pumpkin and sugars in large bowl.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients except flour; whisk until well blended.
- Stir in flour just until mixed.
- Divide batter into the 3 pans; about 1 1/4 cup each.
- Stagger pans on oven rack and bake in 350 oven 25 - 30 minute until top springs back when center of cake gently pressed.
- Cool in pans 10 minute; cool completely.
- To frost put 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with about 3/4 cup frosting.
- Repeat twice.