Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cookie recipe from a book called, "Angels in Aprons" from the Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital Auxiliary in Inglewood, CA.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins or 1 1⁄2 cups dates
- 1 cup nuts or 1 cup shredded coconut
- Blend together butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in cornflakes and oatmeal.
- Sift together flour, soda and baking powder and add to first mixture.
- Add raisins or dates and coconut or nuts.
- Place far apart as they will spread.
- Bake at 350 12-15 minutes.
Excellent cookies. Great flavour and not too sweet. When first baked they were crispy on the outside and chewy inside, but the crispness went away on storage. I added a pinch of salt. Made 1/4 recipe which yielded 14 fairly large thin cookies.