Recipe by Mary K. W.
It's a mouthful to say, but what a combination! It's a little more fussing than I normally prefer to do with desserts, but this one is worth the effort. Very moist and tasty.
Top Review by redzilla
Great Recipe! For those of you who found it difficult to put the layers together due to the jam slipping try mixing the jam with the cream cheese frosting first. I also poke holes in my layers so that some of the moisture from the filling can seep into the cake. Works wonderfully! Thanks for the recipe it is a keeper:)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 (16 ounce) containers chocolate frosting
- fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1 cup sour cream in large bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake according to package directions.
- To assemble, place 1 cake layer on serving platter. Spread 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting on top of layer. Spread jam on top of cream cheese frosting. Top with remaining layer of cake. Frost top and sides of cake with chocolate frosting.
- To prepare sauce, blend remaining cream cheese frosting and 1 cup sour cream in small bowl until smooth and creamy. Garnish top of frosted cake with 2-3 tbsp of sauce in center and fresh rasperries. Place 2 tablespoons sauce on center of each serving plate and top with slice of cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.