Recipe by Christine Bettiga
These are easy to make and are the richest and fluffiest I have had!
Top Review by Cindy in PA.
You were right these dumpings are easy to make. I made them in my chicken paprikash, added them to the broth,before I added the sour cream. They were moist and had a good flavor! I'll use this recipe for all my dumpling dishes! THANKS... Oh.. I'm glad I made a double batch!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Bring to just a simmer in a small saucepan the butter and milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork or kneed by hand 2 to 3 times until the mixture just comes together.
- Divide the dough into about 16 small puffy dumplings.
- Roll each piece of dough into a small rough ball.
- Gently lay the formed dumplings on the surface of your stew or soup.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.