Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are easy to make and are the richest and fluffiest I have had!
Make and share this Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together in a bowl the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Bring to just a simmer in a small saucepan the butter and milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork or kneed by hand 2 to 3 times until the mixture just comes together.
- Divide the dough into about 16 small puffy dumplings.
- Roll each piece of dough into a small rough ball.
- Gently lay the formed dumplings on the surface of your stew or soup.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
You were right these dumpings are easy to make. I made them in my chicken paprikash, added them to the broth,before I added the sour cream. They were moist and had a good flavor! I'll use this recipe for all my dumpling dishes! THANKS... Oh.. I'm glad I made a double batch!
These were very good. Next time I'll add just a little more salt. Had with a brothy vegetable soup. I think next time I'll also add some grated parmesan. Easy to make. I'll do this one again.
Years ago I had dumplings that were so good, and this must be the recipe. They were the best!! (to that lady that had hard dumplings from this recipe, your baking powder must of been too old, I learned long ago to check the date on the can)