Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr
I remember the first time I had this at a picnic! My sister brought it and everyone raved about it. I could not believe it when I found out you dumped all of 3 ingredients into a pan (no bowls or mixing) and just baked it! It's really great and just too easy!
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box devil's food cake mix, unprepared
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump cherry pie filling into 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- Spread out evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over filling.
- Drizzle butter over top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve in pan.
This was an interesting dessert. Very easy to make. I made it one evening and we had it the next afternoon. The cake was crispy. The next day we had it after dinner, by then the cake was a bit more moist and had soaked more of the cherry flavor into it. It was delicious. I recommend waiting a day or so before you eat this if you can help yourself.
This was so easy!! I used raspberry pie filling instead, what a wonderful dessert!!! Great tasting, everyone loved it!!
We loved it! The cake gets kind of crunchy instead of cakey. I served it warm with a scoop of Cherry Cordial ice cream on top. It tasted just like I was eating a big bowl of Cherry Garcia. It doesn't get much better than that!