1/1 Photo of Duck Magret With Bok Choy and Vegetable Fried Rice
The Flying Chef's Note:
Here is another Delicious crispy skinned duck breast recipe served with hoisin plum sauce. Healthy but yummy bok choy and vegetable fried rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 magret duck (Duck Breast skin on. Magret are more expensive but larger than normal breasts so feel free to buy le)
For the Sauce
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce (I buy blue dragon brand it is the best I have found, some brands can have a very strong flavour)
- 1/4 cup plum sauce (I buy Sharwood's plum sauce with a hint of ginger again I really like it.)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 heads bok choy, medium in size
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finley chopped
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice (leave for about 30 minutes to make sure most of the moisture has drained)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 80 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Prick duck skin all over, heat a non stick fry pan, add duck skin side down and cook until skin is browned and crisp (there will be a lot of fat that drains from skin so keep pouring fat out from time to time).
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C, place duck on wire rack in baking dish skin side up and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked as desired, let breast stand for 5 minutes before serving. I like to turn the grill on for the last few minutes of cooking to really crisp up the skin.
- 3For The Sauce: Combine both sauces in a pan and heat until hot.
- 4Bok Choy:.
- 5Cut ends off bok choy and pull leaves apart.
- 6Heat oil in pan or work add onions, garlic and ginger stir fry a minute, add sugar, soy, turmeric and bok choy stir fry 3-5 minutes until tender; add coriander stir and serve immediately.
- 7Vegetable Fried Rice:.
- 8Heat oils in a wok. Add carrot, celery, mushrooms and pepper stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- 9Add soy sauce, peas, corn, spinach and sugar stir fry a couple minutes more. Finally add rice and stir fry until thoroughly mixed and heated through serve immediately.
- 10Serve sliced duck breast with bok choy, fried rice and sauce.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Magret With Bok Choy and Vegetable Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (3238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5719.8
- Calories from Fat 4622
- Total Fat 513.6 g
- Saturated Fat 169.8 g
- Cholesterol 965.1 mg
- Sodium 3377.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 177.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: