Recipe by The Flying Chef
Here is another Delicious crispy skinned duck breast recipe served with hoisin plum sauce. Healthy but yummy bok choy and vegetable fried rice.
- 4 magret duck (Duck Breast skin on. Magret are more expensive but larger than normal breasts so feel free to buy le)
For the Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce (I buy blue dragon brand it is the best I have found, some brands can have a very strong flavour)
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce (I buy Sharwood's plum sauce with a hint of ginger again I really like it.)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 heads bok choy, medium in size
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finley chopped
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice (leave for about 30 minutes to make sure most of the moisture has drained)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 80 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick duck skin all over, heat a non stick fry pan, add duck skin side down and cook until skin is browned and crisp (there will be a lot of fat that drains from skin so keep pouring fat out from time to time).
- Preheat oven to 180°C, place duck on wire rack in baking dish skin side up and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked as desired, let breast stand for 5 minutes before serving. I like to turn the grill on for the last few minutes of cooking to really crisp up the skin.
- For The Sauce: Combine both sauces in a pan and heat until hot.
- Bok Choy:.
- Cut ends off bok choy and pull leaves apart.
- Heat oil in pan or work add onions, garlic and ginger stir fry a minute, add sugar, soy, turmeric and bok choy stir fry 3-5 minutes until tender; add coriander stir and serve immediately.
- Vegetable Fried Rice:.
- Heat oils in a wok. Add carrot, celery, mushrooms and pepper stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, peas, corn, spinach and sugar stir fry a couple minutes more. Finally add rice and stir fry until thoroughly mixed and heated through serve immediately.
- Serve sliced duck breast with bok choy, fried rice and sauce.