24 hrs 12 mins
Wonderful easy recipe from the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" very flavorful. My duck breasts were thick and took almost three times the amount of time to cook. Also, I didn't marinate for 24 hours or scrape off the marinade, I just stuck them in right away as is. Bon Apetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large baking pan mix the salt, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, garlic, shallot, and peppercorns.
- 2Roll the duck breasts in the mixture and spread them out in the pan skin-side up.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the breasts for 24 hours, turning them once.
- 4Scrape off the excess marinade.
- 5Arrange the breasts skin side down on a broiler rack and place the rack 4 inches away from the heat.
- 6Broil 2 minutes; turn them over and broil 3 to 4 minutes, or until medium rare.
- 7Allow to cool two minutes then slice on the bias to serve.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Breasts a La Gasconne
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.4
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 326.4 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 58.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried bay leaves