Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Less fat than a nut brittle. But it still has the sugar! A nice twist.
Make and share this Dry Roasted Edamame Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces dry roasted edamame
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 22 ounces sugar
- 12 ounces water
- Place the edamame, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and salt into a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Line a half sheet pan with a silicone baking mat.
- Place a 3-quart saucier inside a large cast iron skillet.
- Add the sugar and water to the saucier, and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until it comes to a boil.
- Stop stirring, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the sugar is a light amber color, approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the edamame mixture.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture onto the prepared half sheet pan and spread thin with an oiled spatula.
- Cool completely, approximately 30 minutes, and then break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.