Add a new dimension and depth of flavour to green beans in this oriental recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the beans
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 5 ounces green beans
For the sauce
- 1Heat the oil in a hot wok set over a high heat.
- 2Fry the beans for 1- 2 minutes, until just tender and slightly wilted. Remove from the oil, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- 3Cut the chilies in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- 4Carefully empty the hot oil from the wok and wipe it clean with kitchen paper.
- 5In the clean wok, combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, salt and oil.
- 6Stir in the chilies.
- 7Toss the cooked beans into the sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, coating them in the sauce. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dry-Fried Green Beans With Hoisin Sauce and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 246.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g