Recipe by English_Rose
Add a new dimension and depth of flavour to green beans in this oriental recipe.
For the beans
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 5 ounces green beans
For the sauce
- 2 large red chilies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a hot wok set over a high heat.
- Fry the beans for 1- 2 minutes, until just tender and slightly wilted. Remove from the oil, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Cut the chilies in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- Carefully empty the hot oil from the wok and wipe it clean with kitchen paper.
- In the clean wok, combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, salt and oil.
- Stir in the chilies.
- Toss the cooked beans into the sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, coating them in the sauce. Serve at once.