My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (750 ml) bottle tuscan red table wine (Rosso di Montalcino or Chianti)
- coarse salt
- 1 lb bucatini pasta or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb perciatelli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb deli-sliced pancetta
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- red pepper flakes (a couple of pinches)
- 4 -5 cups chopped chard leaves or 4 -5 cups escarole or 4 -5 cups spinach or 4 -5 cups kale
- black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Pour the entire bottle of wine into a large pan; add water and fill the pot up as you would to cook pasta.
- 2Bring the wine and water to a boil over high heat.
- 3When the liquids boil, add salt and the pasta; cook to al dente. (you will use some of the cooking liquid later).
- 4Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons of olive oil; then chop and add the pancetta.
- 5Brown the pieces until they are golden at the edges and transfer them to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 6Add the mushrooms to the olive oil in the same skillet; season with rosemary; cook 6-8 minutes until deeply golden.
- 7Push the mushrooms to the sides of the skillet; add in the garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for a minute or so, then toss the mushrooms together with the garlic.
- 8Add the greens to the pan; season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 9When the greens have wilted down, add a couple ladles of the starchy pasta cooking liquid to the pan; cook for a minute to reduce it a little.
- 10Drain pasta well and add it to the skillet.
- 11Add in the pancetta and a handful of cheese to the pan; toss the pasta for a minute or so to allow it to absorb the remaining liquid.
- 12Adjust the seasonings and serve; pass the extra cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Tuscan Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: