Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick, easy and delicious.
- 3 ripe plantains
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- fresh mint sprig
- creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Peel the plantains and cut them in half lenghtwise.
- Put plantains in a shallow baking dish, dot them all over with butter.
- Spoon on the rum and orange juice.
- Mix the orange zest, cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the plantains.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until plantains are soft, the sugar has melted into the rum and orange juice to make a sauce.
- Meanwhile, slice almond and fry them in alittle oil until they are golden.
- Sprinkle the finished plantains with the almonds.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and serve with creme fraiche.
So good! I will be making this again soon.
This was a delicious plantain recipe. Loved the whole buttered-rum element with the orange.
These were so good. I served them as a side to a Carbbean meal so omitted the creme fraiche. Along with recipe#373817#373817 recipe#160331#160331 and a coconut lime rice. Made for ZWT 5 for team Zaar Chow Hounds