1 hr 10 mins
Why did the chicken cross the road? Beats the living daylights out of me. In fact, I think it was a pretty stupid move on the chicken's part because this particular road ran along the U.S.-Mexican border and there just so happened to be a couple of hungry and tipsy Mexicans waiting on the other side of the road. The said Mexicans did not offer the chicken the option of returning to its safer starting point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano (Mexican oregano is a different animal than the widely available Mediterranean oregano and its worth hunting for it; you can substitute a 50/50 mix of ground cilantro and Mediterranean oregano).
- 3In an ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- 4Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- 5Reduce the heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the bay leaves, wine, tequila, and olives.
- 7Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and cook in the oven until tender and browned, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- 8Remove and serve with Spanish rice or Mexican rice and other sides of your choosing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Mexibird
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1313.7
- Calories from Fat 907
- Total Fat 100.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 341.5 mg
- Sodium 845.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 85.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: