Top Review by Bergy
This is the ideal chicken recipe for a light meal served with a Mimosa Salad and a flute of Champagne. It would also be perfect for a picnic.or for sandwiches The chicken is moist and lightly flavored from the wine stock.. I used Marsala wine,a close cousin to sherry and marinated (after cooking ) the chicken for 2 days in the stock in the fridge. Because I started with skinless/boneless breasts the stock did not gel but it will be used as a base for another soup. The recipe calls for one breast I did two but did not double the remaining ingredients - perfect. Simple easy and tasty recipe - Thanks Troy for a recipe I will be using again & again
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices ginger, 1/8 inch thick
- 1 scallion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- cilantro (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil, then add chicken breast, ginger, scallion and salt. Boil 15 minutes.
- Remove to bowl.
- Debone chicken while warm.
- Remove ginger and scallion and discard.
- Place chicken and its stock in container.
- Add sherry.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-5 days.
- When ready to serve, cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Arrange on platter.
- Pour jellied liquid over chicken and decorate with cilantro.
- Serve cold.