Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite dish at our local Thai restaurant. We learnt the recipe at a recent cooking class there. It is excellent!
- 16 ounces wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil (or more)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Soften noodles by soaking in hot water. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to hot pan or wok.
- Cook garlic.
- Add precooked chicken (you can simply boil it beforehand and shred or cut up into small pieces).
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce, and Noodles, stir until everything is mixed well.
- Move noodles to side of pan and crack eggs, mix to scramble, move noodles over egg until cooked.
- Add sugar (more or less to taste).
- When everything cooked and ready to serve, add bean sprouts, peppers and basil.
- Add crushed red pepper or pepper sauce to taste.
this is a wonderful, quick stir fry dish. i used shrimp instead of chicken, and it was just perfect. we just love fat rice noodles here:)
This was delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! The dish tasted as delicious as the one I ate at my local Thai restaurant.