Recipe by Christmas Carol
She's dressed to thrill from the grill; draped in melted cheddar and covered with crispy bacon, then 'accessorized" with a tangy, creamy sauce. A classic diva of a burger, sure to impress. From Taste Of Home's Prize-Winning Beef Collection.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 bacon, strips
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, ketchup, sugar, and onion until well blended. Cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Place bacon on a piece of heavy-duty foil on one side of the grill. Place the patties on the other side of the grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and burgers are no longer pink, turning once.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Place a cheese slice on each burger; cover and grill until cheese is melted. Layer bottom half of each bun with lettuce, burger, bacon, and Special Sauce. Add bun tops.