Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat melt 1 cup of sugar, stirring constantly.
- Carefully add boiling water.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups of sugar, non-dairy creamer and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
- Without stirring, heat to 242 to 248 degrees F (116 to 120 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a firm but pliable ball.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Beat mixture until it loses gloss.
- Immediately fold in grated orange peel and nuts and transfer to prepared pan.
- Chill for 2 hours, or until firm, before cutting.