Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. It is quick and easy to make, and my kids love it!
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup sour cream (light may be used)
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cooked boneless skinless chicken, shredded (store bought rotissere chicken works great)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 36 Ritz crackers (crushed, 1 sleeve )
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Hashbrown layer-.
- mix hashbrowns, cream of celery soup, 1 cup sour cream, onion, pimento, and cheese.
- Layer this mixture in a 15 x 11 inch casserole dish.
- Chicken layer-.
- Mix chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup sour cream.
- Spread this over the Hash brown layer.
- Crumb Layer-.
- Mix crushed crackers, poppy seeds, and melted butter.
- Spread this on top of the Chicken layer.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven) until the cumb layer is brown and the center is bubbly.
This was really tasty! It is heavy so start small - you can always get more. I followed the recipe and used 2 packages of grilled chicken strips that I chopped up and a colby/monterrey jack blend for the cheese. Delish!
As I was making this for dinner tonight, I was worried that it might be too bland for my tastes but I was pleasantly surprised and actually had to stop myself from going back for seconds! I didn't use the pimentos because I didn't have any and don't think I like them anyway = ) I used a package of Perdue short cuts (regular grilled flavor) because that's what I had on hand. This recipe makes a LOT of casserole and I split mine between 2 9x13 pans since I don't own an 11x15. I will DEFINITELY be making this again and next time I'm going to try a rotisserie chicken - the short cuts were good but it would've been even better with more meat. Thanks for a wonderful recipe and a real keeper!