Recipe by bunkie68
This is another favorite from my favorite Waxahachie restaurant, The Dove's Nest. The recipe comes from their cookbook. This salad will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Top Review by sugarpea
THIS is some GREAT turkey salad! Undoubtedly the best dressing I've ever had on this type of recipe. Nice work, tbenson. I didn't and won't change a thing. Well, I may add some green onion next time, just for the color. We loved it over spinach.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing, combine the oil, onion, wine vinegar, honey and Tabasco sauce in a blender container.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad, combine turkey, bleu cheese, pecans and grapes in a salad bowl and mix gently.
- Add the dressing, tossing to coat.