Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another favorite from my favorite Waxahachie restaurant, The Dove's Nest. The recipe comes from their cookbook. This salad will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- To make dressing, combine the oil, onion, wine vinegar, honey and Tabasco sauce in a blender container.
- Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad, combine turkey, bleu cheese, pecans and grapes in a salad bowl and mix gently.
- Add the dressing, tossing to coat.
THIS is some GREAT turkey salad! Undoubtedly the best dressing I've ever had on this type of recipe. Nice work, tbenson. I didn't and won't change a thing. Well, I may add some green onion next time, just for the color. We loved it over spinach.