Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from www.Budget101.com
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, butter, milk, nutmeg and nuts (if using) to the flour mixture.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
Yummy little muffins with a cakey doughnut texture. I put in a few white chocolate chips, and semi sweet chocolate chips and used allspice in place of nutmeg as that is all I had. The kids really like them so we will make these again. Thx Sam #3.
sorry, this didn't work for us. It was kindda tough and bland, Next time i will increase the amount of sugar. I was expecting it to have a softer texture. nothing personal.
I'm amazed with how nice these muffins came out. Right sweetness, soft but keeps it shape.It also rose beautifully.Yes! :) I probably used bigger muffin molders as I was only able to make 8. DH asked why I only made a few. I also opted out on the nuts. From now, on if ever I make these EASY yet DELICIOUS muffins, I'll double the recipe! I'll also make this as a base for other flavored muffins like put chips in it and blueberries. Perfect! Thanks for sharing, Sam #3! I'm so glad I found a keeper! Made for PRMR.