Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a good muffin to have for breakfast with your coffee and orange juice. Do not forget your orange juice!
Top Review by Sunflower
Miss Annie, these are so wonderful. I made these for breakfast during the holiday festivities. Very moist and delicious. I also did not frost them because they didn't need it. Tasted great on their own. My family loved the cinnamon flavor. Thanks.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- your favorite frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Alternately add dry ingredients with milk to creamed mixture.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.