Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good muffin to have for breakfast with your coffee and orange juice. Do not forget your orange juice!
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- your favorite frosting
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Alternately add dry ingredients with milk to creamed mixture.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.
Miss Annie, these are so wonderful. I made these for breakfast during the holiday festivities. Very moist and delicious. I also did not frost them because they didn't need it. Tasted great on their own. My family loved the cinnamon flavor. Thanks.
These are very good. My husband said they taste like cinnamon doughnuts. I actually did not frost these because they smelled and tasted so great right out of the oven.
These were delicious! They reminded me a little of a cinnamon roll! I followed the directions exactly and wouldn't change a thing. However, I didn't frost them because of the comments from the other reviewers. However, next time I might frost them with a thin powdered sugar icing, like that of a cinnamon roll. This recipe will be made again and again! Thanks for a great recipe Miss Annie!