Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
The ingredients suggest a Scandinavian origin, but these are delicious wherever you are
- 2 slices rye bread
- 12 ounces boneless skinless salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices red onions, thin
- 2 slices tomatoes, thin
- In a processor add bread and process into crumbs--will yield 1 cup; set aside.
- Add salmon and process until finely chopped.
- Add mustard, dill, salt, pepper and 2/3 cup crumbs and process until blended.
- Form into 8 small patties and dip into bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat butter in skillet, add cakes and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes/side.
- Serve garnished with red onion and tomato.
Very good Chia!! Quite a rich taste with the smoked salmon, I served them in kaiser buns with the red onion and tomato slices and a nice green salad. I did cut the recipe in half, for the two of us and made the patties to fit the buns. I will also try then for appetizers, made small and served on a cracker with a nice thin slice of onion and tomato, should be lovely! Thanks for sharing.
I thought iyh needed a litttle salt and pepper. I also added some minced garlic to mine. It came out pretty good.